a birthday girl
Four years ago yesterday, a sweet bundle of love came into the world and completely changed my life. Weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs. 7 oz., she immediately stole the hearts of Mr. Spilly and I with her hypnotic eyes and glowing smile. That hasn't changed a bit since day one. G. is a passionate little thing who will squeeze my arm with all of her strength and say with pursed lips, "I love my Mama! Mama you're my best fwend!" Ten seconds later she is letting out a blood curdling scream because she wants crackers and she wants them NOW! Another minute later, she is back to normal, gazing at me an inch away and saying, "I wanna snuggle!"
Yes, she can drive me completely bananas, but I love it. She's funny, smart and she knows what she wants and how to get it - all good qualities for a girl in this world. So, Happy Birthday to my youngest baby! May you have many happy years ahead of you - years of adventure and love and knowledge - and may you make the very most of each and every one.
Right now my girl is often...
- playing "family" (dressing her babies and pretending to be a mommy)
- playing store
- trying to write and recognize her letters
- talking about her freinds
- asking for ponytails
- asking for nail polish
- playing Barbie (much to my dismay)
- setting up a fort in the corner of the living room
- pretending to read books to a class full of kids just like her teachers
- loving school, chicken nuggets and anything chocolate!